Sunday, September 7, 2008

Menu Board Installation

I posted the opening special last time. Now I want to post the pictures of the chalkboard installation.
Here's the first one:


The board on the bottom is notched so that the bottom of the blackboard can sit right down inside it.

A little to the right:


Keep in mind that these things are at least a half inch thick and weigh well over 100 pounds each!



These are all old slate boards out of the old high school!



The very nice woman who now owns the old building gave them to us! I haven't asked for her permission to use her name, but I don't think she'd mind if I thanked her here, publicly. It was a very kind gesture on her part and it just seems right: A piece of old Grafton in our new coffee house.



Yes, we do have counter tops.
Yes, they look great.
No, I don't have pictures uploaded yet.
Yes, I will get to it soon.

7 comments:

Granny Sue said...

So when is opening day? Any idea yet?

It's looking good from what I can tell from the sneak peeks!

MK said...

Soon.
The first week of October-ish.
Things are going well and pretty much on schedule, but we're not close enough to name the day. Yet.
Thanks for checking in; I've been checking in with you, but rarely - about as often as I'm blogging.
I hope you're well and soon I will let you know that you can come and have a cup of coffee :).

Susan Chipley said...

We've been wondering how the shop is coming. We'll be heading over for a good cup of coffee when you open!

Susan Chipley said...

Things are looking good at the shop. When you open, we'll be heading that way for a good cup of coffee! Can't wait!

Susan Chipley said...

I accidentally posted two comments. I have no idea how it happened! Feel free to delete!

MK said...

The Dalia Mama,
It will be good to finally meet you :).

And I can't count how many times I've posted multiple comments on other blogs; it makes me feel better to know someone can do it, too.

See you soon!

Soosan said...

My coffee cup is sitting on the counter, waiting for the opening of The House of Coffee. :D
I have been working on a coffee cup wallhanging, just in the design stages, but it might get done by Christmas;)
Keep up the good work!