Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Patio & Water Supply (yes, this post is about Streetscaping, I'm just slow to get there)

I was going to name this post Streetscaping: Dragging it Out, but I didn't want anyone to get the impression that the project is taking too long when, in fact, it's moving along rather quickly. I'm still updating about the Streetscape, but I have a bunch of other stuff I need to blather about first (I'm the one dragging it out). I'll get back to it directly...

This is (will be) the new patio:
Not much to look at yet, huh? It's ready for the concrete to be poured. The plastic (old, holey tarps) are laid out underneath the wire and the concrete truck will be here first thing Saturday morning.
It's still a bit rough around the edges, but I'm excited that it's all coming together.
If you haven't been in to check out the stage-side loft, you don't know how cool the view is from up there (will post more on that, too); from the patio, the scenery is of the hillside that overlooks Main Street with the old high school dominating. The landscaping that is planned will provide a green, relaxing space.
If you look closely at this next picture, you can just see a green garden hose in the bottom right corner going up the hill (I tell you why in the next post):
By walking to the far edge of the patio, I had a good view of the work going on in the street:
The gas company was working on their lines and the City of Grafton was working replacing the fire hydrant in preparation for the sidewalk replacement moving on down the street.

Quite industrious!
For all the hard work and to all the hard workers: Thank you for doing so much for progress in Grafton!

No comments: