Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gas! Finally!

If you're wondering why I'm so excited about gas (not the deviled egg variety, but natural gas for the furnace), then go to this page with all entries labeled 'gas' and start at the bottom to get an idea of the loooong process we've gone through in order to get the gas turned on.

Yesterday morning one of the local gas company guys (Thanks, Mike!) came and turned on the gas! In order to leave it on, he had to see not only the pilot light burning, but also the burner lighting up and the blower kicking on. I had a pack of matches and a long skinny stick ready and waiting for the lighting of the pilot light.
The burner kicked on a couple of minutes after I turned up the thermostat, but the blower would not blow. I know it worked; I felt it blowing hot air on Friday when the HVAC fellow came to inspect it. However, it doesn't count if the gas company man is not standing there to see it.
From the back of the dusty furnace room, Mike flipped the furnace breaker off and back on and the blower started right up. Yay!

Maybe I'll take a picture of one of the floor registers. However, you'll have to use your imagination for the hot air blowing your hair back from your forehead because I haven't figured out how to get that effect from this blog yet.

No comments: