Friday, February 1, 2008

Construction!

I'm always 2-3 weeks behind when it comes to posting pictures; these two pictures are from January 9th. I will take more pictures this weekend and again on Monday when the drywall is scheduled for delivery (yay!).

This first picture is just a shot of the saw horses and 2x4s.




This picture shows the beginning framing for the ceiling soffit. In the interest of keeping the high ceilings, we compromised with a soffit that will cover the duct work for the second floor and some of the other utility stuff. Some things will still be exposed, but we can make those things look good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can not wait to relax and drink coffee in their

Photo Man said...

I just wanted to let you know that it looks really great. I have been wanting to come down and look at it, Paul tells me to stop by. The other night I drove down and saw lights on the first and second floor. It always looks weird to see lights on in the upstairs of the buildings because it something that you normally do not see. I routinely check this site for updates. It will look great with the new streetlights when finished.

MK said...

Photo Man-
Thank you for taking the time to let me know you're keeping an eye on the progress!
Friday night I was down there with all the lights on lugging boxes up the (very long) staircase. I moved a bunch of boxes into the building, and being in a hurry, I didn't take them upstairs to my office where they belonged. I had to get them out of the construction area because first thing Monday morning we are expecting a delivery of drywall!

I have been very excited about the new sidewalks, and then this past week the lightposts went up on the finished portions! They ARE going to look great. It'll be a perfect streetscape to go along with our outside seating areas.

Keep checking back!

MK said...

Anonymous-
I can't wait to serve you :).