Friday, June 20, 2008

Floor Tile

We've got quite the impressive mess in the parking lot.
Again.

In the last post I showed you the clean floor - and it's so clean because everything went outside to the parking lot (okay, some went upstairs, but not much).
I'm glad we were able to have a clean parking lot for Mother's Day and Memorial Day, but after that the outside mess multiplied.
It's temporary.

Here's inside looking out through the new door:



To where I was mixing mud:


My trusty drill and mixer blade. The same set-up I used to mix the buckets of drywall mud.




Here's a pretty good start:


I wear knee pads (I haven't thought to take a picture of those, yet), which decreases wear and tear on the knees, but I haven't found anything to help out with the back.
Or the fingers: The concrete dries up my skin and by the time the floor is ready to grout, all the water prunes up my damaged, cracked fingers and produces some pretty odd looking holes.
And the fingernails... let's just say they're looking kinda' rough.


I have more tiling pictures AND I had a brainstorm that really helped me out the other day for piecing in the edges. I'll tell you about that soon.

No comments: