Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Freaking Out with Formatting Part2

If you've been visiting regularly, you'll have noticed the growing pains of the blog format.
My main objective was to make the change from a 2-column to a 3-column format. Blogger (google) does not provide a basic 3-column template, so the change involves editing the HTML. I know absolutely nothing about writing code and the thought of changing the code makes me break out into a cold sweat. However, you'll notice that I am now the proud author of a 3-column blog! Go me!
Okay - I really can't take all the credit. I searched for -and finally found- a set of brainless directions that allowed me to continue to happily know nothing about writing code and still change the HTML code to get what I wanted.
I started this experiment with the Taylor County Blog. That transition was very easy. It was so easy, in fact, that it made me brave enough to try switching things around over here. This one -the Rounders3 template- was a bit more challenging, but, with a bit of personal help, I finally figured it out.
How did I do it?
IDS over at the Blogger Guide Blog walked me though the entire process. His instructions are the only ones that worked without hair-pulling and tongue-lashing. He even answered my comment-questions promptly and sent me personal emails to coach me along! How great is that?
Here's the link that takes you to the main page of all the 3-column template guides he has available.
If you've been trying to figure out how to go 3-column, then this is definitely the guide to use.

No comments: