Saturday, May 3, 2008

Outside - Pouring Concrete Part 2

After the boxes for the column supports were filled, they moved on to the wall.








The view switched around in this next picture because I climbed up on the back wall. That's where the last of the concrete will go.






Here's PC signaling Jim to keep backing up. This back wall is so high that the concrete wouldn't slide down the chute, so Paul had to get in the chute and push it down to me. I raked it away from the edge and made a little pond back against the building where more of the rock was exposed. I sloped it away from the brick and rock to keep the water from pooling there like it had been. PC went back down there late last night -24 hours later- and pulled the forms off the wall. It was too dark to get decent pictures, so when I take more I'll be sure to take them of the upper wall, too.






Here's a nice smooth, wet top:

No comments: