Friday, July 25, 2008

Front Door, Bathroom Sink, Ceiling Fans, Water Heater, & More Kid Entertainment

Things are starting to come together!
As always, I have tons of pictures that need to be posted (yes, I'm back to snapping) and if you've driven down Main Street recently, you'll know that I'm far behind with posting (as usual).

Before I get to the miscellaneous pictures, I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to stop by and see, or simply comment on, our progress. All comments about the new roof and door have been positive -except for one and I think it's safe to assume the guy who thought a green or purple front door would compliment the red roof was joking.

If you haven't driven by lately, the front door is where it's supposed to be now.
And I don't have a picture of it.
I do, however, have this picture of it when it was inside -before installation:



The bathroom sink is actually in the kitchen right now (until the plumbing is finished in the bathroom):



The ceiling fans are on the floor. Or at least in this next picture they are. We've made progress since this picture, too, and they are on the ceiling and functioning (and they look great)!



I hauled the water heater in my kid-mobile. It had to wear a seat belt just like everyone else:



And the kids are building a whole new family (complete with dog and gorilla, though the gorilla didn't make it into this picture):



We are still on track to open in September.
We feel the same anticipation as the person who, while driving past this morning, hollered out the window, "Where's my Coffee?"
We're getting very, very close!

No comments: