Thursday, July 3, 2008

Pouring Concrete (again)

I gave a slight mention to pouring more concrete, so although this is a couple of weeks behind us now, I'm still trying to catch up.

Here's the transit, used to determine how deep we had to dig to make an even grade from the floor on the inside to the area outside beneath the new overhang:


It was a Friday night, dark and late, but the concrete was ordered and ready for delivery Saturday morning at 7:30.

This picture was taken when it was even later and darker and PC is still digging:


Why hurry?
Because this is me:

And I was determined to get the tile in the front entryway done before leaving for Oregon.

I did - thanks in large part to PC and PR; I couldn't have done it without them.

Why Oregon? Well.... I am so far behind with blogging right now that you'll have to wait to hear about it, but I will say it was directly related to The 123 and it was well worth the trip (oh, and I can now honestly say that I can make the best coffee in the world!).

No comments: